Monday, June 20 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Open to all attendees. Transportation will be provided from the Convention Center.
The Port of Cleveland provides a critical supply chain connection for regional industries including steel, automotive, appliance construction and more. The Port of Cleveland is the only port on the Great Lakes with service for containerized goods trade with Europe and points beyond.
The Port has consistently stayed ahead of demand and the competition with upgraded facilities and equipment that are the best in class. Cleveland Harbor is in the top 50 US ports by tonnage (13 million tons per year on average) and generates $3.5 billion in economic impact to the Northeast Ohio region.
Join Port executives for a narrated boat tour of the harbor that will include port terminals, cityscapes and Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga River from the water. This will be an informative and enjoyable tour for logistics professionals interested in learning about shipping Great Lakes style.
Participants on the tour will also hear Port officials speak about projects and initiatives to drive toward sustainability, net-zero carbon and protect Lake Erie. Topics and sites will include:
- The story of Cuyahoga River from the “burning river” that ignited the environmental movement to a restored waterway from commerce and recreation
- The Port’s national model for innovative management of dredged material
- Coastal resiliency planning and projects to project the city’s assets, enhance habitats, and provide equitable access to the waterfront
- Port plans and projects to electrify and decarbonize operations
- State and regional efforts to eliminate harmful algal blooms (HABs)
- Plans for installation of offshore wind turbines in Lake Erie off Cleveland’s shore to generate clean power
- Regional and port upgrades to reduce stormwater runoff and combined sewer overflows into the lake
- Port participation in Green Marine, the premier environmental certification program for the maritime industry (think LEED for maritime).